Began learning music theory and practice with the Tavira Philharmonic Band at the age of nine.
At eleven, he started playing throughout the Algarve and, at thirteen, joined the Hexágono Band, with which he won second prize at the regional Rock Seven Up Festival, recorded music videos, and appeared on various television programs.
The Hexágono Band remained together for 40 years with the same core members. At sixteen, he obtained his Professional Jazz Drummer’s License. He worked as a musician at the Casino in Monte Gordo (Algarve) for a season.
He then served in the military, becoming a musician in the Light Orchestra “Os Boinas Verdes” with the paratroopers. After leaving the military, he settled in Monchique, Algarve.
Throughout his musical journey, he played with or is currently part of the following bands:
- Tavira Philharmonic Band
- Únicos+1, Tavira
- Hexágono Band, Tavira
- Sons e Tons, Lagos
- Luz Verde, Portimão
- Grupo Frequência 5, Monchique
- OCDM, Monchique
- Pearl & The Groovemasters, Vale da Telha – Aljezur
- Banda Zelão, Albufeira
- Ogiva, Monte Gordo
- Banda Paradigma, Monchique
- Grupo Haja Saúde (HBA), Portimão
- Grupo Al’Acordeão, Tavira
- Banda Dharma, Lagos
- Banda Omega, Monchique
- Banda Atlantida (Zé Manel Martins), Portimão
- Banda The Quest, Lagos
- Banda Atlantis, Portimão
- Banda The Evidence, Monchique
- Al-Gharband, Portimão
- Designados, Monchique
- Edu Viegas & Banda, Portimão
- Versátil Trio, Portimão
- Banda Pau de Cabinda, Boliqueime
- Mountain Band, Alvor
- AlmaLusa (Traditional), Portimão
- Mar de Fora (Traditional), Portimão
- Svetlana Bakushina Fusion Quartet, Monchique,